The Mission of Widefield School District 3 Parks & Recreation is to create, promote, foster, and maintain programs, activities and facilities that positively impact the quality of life for all segments of our community.
The primary purpose of the WSD3 Parks & Recreation is to provide the best programs for the most people. While we will always seek to offer a wide range of programs, we recognize that we must live within our budget and believe that the highest priority for programs should be those that are educationally sound as well as personally meaningful to the community. We believe our programs must emphasize participation, value to participants, safety, equal opportunity, and lifelong skill development.
The WSD3 Parks & Recreation Advisory Board meets the second Thursday of each month. The meetings are held at the Parks & Recreation at 6pm. The board consists of up to seven members, to include one member of the WSD3 Board of Education and up to six community members. Current members are: Daryl Grantz (President), Kathy Grantz (Vice President), Erin Gilmore, Vicki Ross, Mark Munoz, Greg Fischer (Board of Education). Members of the community are invited to attend.
MASTER PLAN & FEASIBILITY STUDY
View our Master Plan, completed in February 2016.
View our Regional Recreation Facility Feasibility Study, completed in February 2018.
CURRENT PROGRAM GUIDE
Our registration and offerings are coordinated by quarter; Spring (Feb - May), Summer (May - Aug), Fall (Aug - Nov), and Winter (Nov - Feb).
View our guides below to see all of the fun activities, classes, and events taking place at WPR!
Spring 2023 - registration opens January 1
Summer 2023 - registration opens April 1
Refund Policy (for all activities excluding youth sport leagues and preschool)
Registration fees are 100% refundable when programs are canceled by Widefield Parks & Recreation. The Director of Widefield Parks & Recreation shall have the authority to make decisions on all requests not specifically covered herein.
1. Withdrawal prior to the registration deadline for the activity will receive the full refund, less a $5 processing charge.
2. Withdrawal between the registration deadline and the start of the program will receive a 50% refund of the fees, IF the participant can be replaced from the waiting list. If there is no waiting list for the program, no refund will be issued.
3. Withdrawal after start of a program will not be issued a refund.
4. A participant requesting to transfer from one class date to another, within the same registration period, must do so prior to the registration deadline of the program in order to receive credit for their original payment.
Refund Options - Refunds can be given in three forms:
1. Refunded as a credit to the Widefield Parks and Recreation account, which will be available to use on future registrations or activities. This is available for use immediately.
2. Refund to original debit/credit card. This generally takes up to two (2) business days to receive.
3. Refunded in the form of a check that will be mailed. Your current address must be confirmed at the time of the refund request. This can take up to two (2) weeks to receive.
For extenuating circumstances that fall outside of our refund policy to be considered, please submit a written statement of the circumstances to the department/program supervisor.