HHWD - Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Day
In partnership with El Paso County, Widefield Parks & Recreation is proud to sponsor HHWD Day for Widefield/Security Residents. Properly dispose of residential household hazardous waste items!
Friday, March 26 @ 9am - 2pm
APPOINTMENT & MASKS REQUIRED! Register for your appointment at cleansweepmarch2021.eventbrite.com OR CALL 719-520-7878.
Widefield Parks & Recreation, 705 Aspen Drive, 80911
Use Aspen Drive Entrance - Form line on Aspen Drive (not on Hackberry Drive)
Widefield Parks & Recreation will be collecting money donations for the Aaron Gutierrez Scholarship Fund throughout this event.
Help a WSD3 resident in need - donations allow kids to play!
The following items will be accepted:
- Automotive chemicals: motor oil, antifreeze, brake & transmission fluids (each limited to 10 gallons per household), waxes, bug/tar/vinyl/chrome/engine cleaners, etc.
- Batteries & smoke alarms: lead acid vehicle batteries and all types of household batteries (AA, AAA, C, D, 9-volt, watch & hearing aid batteries). Must come in clear, re-sealable bag with no leaks/corrosion.
- Electronics: television sets (limit 3 per household), central processing units (CPUs), computer monitors, peripherals, printers, fax machines, laptops, notebooks, ultra books, net books, electronic tablets, digital video disc (DVD) players, video cassette recorders (VCRs), radios, stereos, video game consoles and video display devices with viewing screens greater than four inches diagonally.
- Household chemicals: aerosols, ammonia, bleach, cleaners, lamp oil, etc.
- Lawn & garden chemicals: fertilizers, pesticides, poisons, plant food, etc.
- Mattresses: mattresses and box springs (limit 6 per household)
- Paint & paint related products: stains, strippers, thinners, varnishes, etc. (limit 50 gallons per household)
- Tires: passenger and light truck (limit 9 per household)
All liquids must in labeled five-gallon or smaller non-leaking containers that can be left at the site. Staff reserves the right to reject any non-conforming items.
Trash, furniture, yard and other waste items will NOT be accepted. Light bulbs, medicine, sharps, dry/empty paint cans and items deemed inappropriate will NOT be accepted.