Community Garden Grand Re-Opening & Pollinator Party
Tuesday, May 12 @ 5:30 - 7:30pm POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Community Garden at talbott Park
401 Dean Drive, Colorado Springs, co 80911
The Community Garden at Talbott Park received a face-lift this winter with many new additions: nutrient rich soil tilled in to each plot, in-ground large plots, small and more accessible raised plots, a kid zone for all gardening families, as well as a new pollinator habitat.
Come celebrate the Grand Re-Opening of the Community Garden and all the new additions on May 12! Starting at 5:30pm grab dinner from Hot Box food truck and enjoy local honey bee vendors, garden tours, and a Cheerios birdfeeder craft. At 6pm we will cut the ribbon for the garden and our new native beehive. Following the ribbon cutting there will be educational presentations from Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Timberline Landscaping, and Hanson Honey Bee Farm.
No registration necessary - bring your friends, family, neighbors, and fellow garden enthusiasts to enjoy our beautifully re-vamped garden!
- 5:30pm - Garden Tours, Kids Craft, Vendors
- 6:00pm - Ribbon Cutting for the garden and native beehive
- 6:05pm - Alex Crochet, Horticultural Curator, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
- 6:35pm - Alyssa Colsecott, Landscape Designer and Christy Avis, Marketing Coordinator, Timberline Landscaping
- 7:05pm - Mark Hanson, Hanson Honey Bee Farm
Vendors & Booths:
- Hanson Honey Bee Farm Learning Table
- Pueblo Zoo
- The Colorado Honey Lady
- Julie Bee's Honey Caramels
- Acton Apothecary (natural/homemade goods)
- Hot Box Food Truck
- Cheerios Birdfeeder Craft Table